Systems Support Technician
The role of the Systems Support Technician is to respond to user technical issues and provide timely and appropriate troubleshooting and corrective measures with accurate IT Service Desk updates and necessary user documentation. The role will include the purchasing, configuration, and deployment of new systems as well as the secure decommissioning of old hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for Windows PCs, thin client devices, printers, PC peripherals, multi-function devices, and mobile devices.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Perform desktop hardware and software configuration and installation activities.
- Understand and use imaging tools or applications (e.g. Ghost).
- Ensure accurate logging of all issues handled within IT Service Desk system.
- Complete user move/add/change requests.
- Evaluate and procure hardware and software.
- Create and maintain accurate technical documentation.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed on the network.
- Perform other IT duties and assist other team members as required.
- Maintain excellent communication with the IT Supervisor on all tasks and projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
- Share ideas, opinions, and constructive criticism with other IT team members.
- Maintain professionalism in all business and end user communications.
- Demonstrate effective prioritization of day-to-day workload and ensure that commitments are met.
Your skills and training:
- Excellent self-management skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills – patient, calm, demeanor.
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and follow-up skills.
- Flexibility to work periodic overtime as required.
- Basic understanding of PC and network architecture.
- Proficiency with Windows 7 and the Microsoft Office Professional suite.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with Citrix XenApp (Preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and relational database technologies (Preferred).
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux and/or BSD UNIX (Preferred).
- Experience with system monitoring/management tools (Preferred).
- Windows Server 2008/2012 and Windows 8 experience (Preferred).
- College Diploma or Certificate in Computer Science or equivalent (Preferred).
- Current certifications in Microsoft desktop operating systems and related technologies (Preferred).
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Email us your cover letter and resume in either Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Member of the Global Excel family