Customer Service Coordinator
You’re the ultimate multi-tasker. For you, the customer comes first. You’re an awesome communicator and are laser sharp at getting individuals the help they need. Your job is to triage incoming emergency and non-emergency calls for insured people travelling abroad.
What you’ll do:
- Open cases on the customer management system to assist clients throughout their medical emergency or other service needs.
- Provide accurate and complete information to identify solutions to customer, health care facility/provider, and insurance partner inquiries by utilizing appropriate insurance policies and reference material.
- Direct clients to appropriate medical providers, engaging third party affiliates and offering solutions for the lowest practical cost.
- Appropriately handle, communicate, and exchange sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner, adhering to both company customer service guidelines and legislated privacy standards.
- Provide emotional support to clients in need, to assist them in coping with a difficult situation.
- Update case reserves/costs according to guidelines.
- Outbound communication to health care facilities/providers, clients, insurance providers and other stakeholders to collect information related to travel insurance claims or to arrange direct billing payments.
Your skills and training:
- Experience working in a customer service environment, contact center or medical, insurance/financial services.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Outlook, Excel). Intermediate typing speed is required.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Good understanding of world geography and current events.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to ongoing change and continuous learning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a patient, calm and controlled disposition.
- Able to work various shifts and days of the week as required.
- University degree or college diploma preferred, but not required.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Email us your cover letter and resume in either Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Member of the Global Excel family